CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Great First Week!




We had an awesome, busy and hot first week of First Grade!  I enjoyed getting to know the class and learning more about all the personalities.

Last week was all about learning new routines and getting to know each other.  The morning walk is a new way of starting school.  Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

This week we will continue to practice routines and try to start somewhat of a daily routine.  We are preparing to fully implement Daily 5 and CGI math within a couple weeks.

We are studying insects in Science and the kids are loving it!  We are lucky that Ethan found a Monarch caterpillar.  We are learning about the life cycle and are looking forward to seeing it happen right before our eyes!  Since it is cooling off I will plan a "bug hunt" for this week.

Check on the left of the Blog and you will see "Calendar".  This is where I will put our monthly activities, water list etc.  Check it at the beginning of each month.  Some parents have inquired about kids bringing their own water bottles to save on disposable.  I am all for that.  Let me know if you would prefer your child do this and then I will take you off the water donation list.  If some kids are still wanting the disposable I will use those names for bringing water.

Whenever I take pictures of the kids learning or doing special activities I will also put those on the left side of the Blog also.

Thanks for sharing your child with me!

Mrs. Heinitz

No comments:

Post a Comment